Artist Statement

What I want to achieve through my work is to tell new stories and create new paths that stray away from the traditional "Hero's Journey" style of storytelling. My goal is to pioneer inventive formats to help push the idea of more abstract science-fiction. Inspired by the stories of H.P. Lovecraft and Junji Ito, I strive to develop more imaginative monsters to introduce to the world of horror writing. 

The classic stories of ghosts, killers, and monsters living in the woods always bored me. Instead, I would rather take the creative initiative of taking ideas otherwise unimaginable in traditional styles of horror. Through my stories, I want to be able to touch on subjects that are relatable and uncomfortable to broad audiences yet push beyond its boundaries to introduce aspects of science-fiction to further exemplify the obscene style of horror I want to portray. 

Comments

  1. The first part I like that the man his self Dante Jose he is a new writer and his art looks you got skills. Seems like somebody got on a plan it was a interesting experience had to be also I like the art from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first part I like that the man his self Dante Jose he is a new writer and his art looks you got skills. Seems like somebody got on a plan it was a interesting experience had to be also I like the art from the picture. Just the art its self is perfect you did a really great job thank you keep doing a great job the art is so special look great everytime do the great work please you did a very good job on the work how could some draw that way but you put effort into these drawings and I also like the writings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts